Monday, April 19, 2010

My home is a safe harbour for me - Maristela - U1

Since I was born I’ve lived in three different neigbourhoods. I’ve always lived in São Paulo. When I was child I lived for 9 years in a rented house in a neighbourhood with an unusual name “Chora Menino”. This house brings me back the best memories of my childhood. It had a beautiful garden in the front and a great backyard with orange threes. I made friends in this neighbourhood but I have not met them ever since because I moved to another place.
This house looked unsightly but it was very cozy and comfortable inside. Every morning the sun light would come through a glass window and fill all of rooms with warmth. I could see the sunshine from the bay window in the afternoon.
The second place where I lived until I got married was Parada Inglesa, in a house. My parents had already lived there. This house was near my school. Every afternoon, mom observed us (my sister and me) going to or coming back from school from the bay window. Currently, my home is a three-bedroom apartment in Jabaquara, where I live with my my husband, a son, my mother-in law and a little pet, a dog called Shiro.
I think that ideal place to live is somewhere you feel safe, comfortable and happy. It isn’t necessary to be a huge house, but cozy with good vibrations. A house is a building, but home is somewhere to come back and share great moments with people that we get along with (family or friends).

1 comment:

Paula Zogbi said...

I loved it!!! very nostalgic and so beautiful.
xxx
Paula