Monday, April 19, 2010

House - by Dayze - U1

Here in this text I intend to describe not only my house, but also my home. This means that I’d like to try to describe the structure and atmosphere of my house.
I live in a house big enough to accommodate my family with four persons: my parents, my brother and I. Each one has his own room and we have a living room, a kitchen with dining room, a balcony and a small garden.
On the ground floor and in all bathrooms we have ceramic floor, and upstairs, we have wood floors. In the walls and ceiling we have plaster texture, but not in the kitchen and bathrooms, where we have tile.
My house has furniture with a traditional style and cozy. There aren’t excessive decorative objects, but a lot of portraits, two paintings on the walls, flowers and some souvenirs, which we brought from each of our trips. Further, our house has a pattern of colors, with wooden furniture such as shelves and the kitchen table and decorative objects in shades of beige, like the sofa, curtain, carpet, and the color of the walls.
The whole house is inviting and relaxing; airy and bright. Our guests feel comfortable here and we always have a good cup of coffee with biscuits to offer them, an interesting film or simply a bed to sleep.
I have a very soft bed in my room with a good blanket, even when it isn´t too cold, and some pillows. There are also my computer, many books and a board with pictures of my friends and places that I knew. In my room I feel protected and comfortable; I could spend days here, especially on rainy days.
But if I could, I’d like to change my house to another neighborhood, because here the people don’t talk to each other and there is no shopping areas around, only a small supermarket, a hairdresser’s and a bakery. Because of this I would not like to live here when I get married, but in a central location, which is nevertheless calm.

1 comment:

Paula Zogbi said...

Hi, Dayze, I like very much your text, ´cause I coul´d know quite you and your way of life.
It´s so gooood!
xxx
Paula