Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Living in a safe place - Irene - U1

I love the apartment where I ´ve been living since 1981, because it´s situated in a closed condominium, in front of the Sunset Square, in Alto de Pinheiros, surrounded by big trees. When my husband and I decided to buy that apartment, our three children were very small and due to the fact I worked at that time, the idea of living in a safe place was much more attractive than to live in a house. Until the day I got married I had lived in a comfortable house with my parents, my three brothers and a sister. It was situated in Agua Branca, in a small street where the neighbors were very close. There were four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a big room, a nice kitchen, a small garden and a big backyard. I miss that house because it reminds me of my childhood and the time I had a lot of friends to play in the street. In the backyard there was a big tree and a swing made of wood where I used to play with my friends, cousins and brothers. On the weekends my parents used to invite some uncles and aunts to have lunch, and the house was always crowded with people. Nowadays, even if I could buy a house like that one, I ´d prefer not to move and continue living in a condominium because of the security it offers. Besides, from the balcony I can admire a wonderful sunset almost every day.

1 comment:

Paula Zogbi said...

Pretty gooood!!! I think your text too cheered.
xxx
Paula