Sunday, July 18, 2010

Renata - Travel log


One beautiful trip

I`m going to tell you about one trip that I took in January 2008. I went to Morro de São Paulo, with my boyfriend and my sister-in-law. Morro de São Paulo is an island about two hours from Salvador, so to get there, we took a plane to Salvador and after that, we took a boat to reach the island. We took this boat in front of the “Elevador Lacerda”, a touristic point of Salvador.

We stayed four days on the side of island that has only the small village and some kiosks on the beaches. We had access to four beaches. So besides going to the beach, we took a boat tour to the other side of the island. Before arriving to the other side, we stopped in a natural pool, where there were many different fish. On the other side, we had lunch and after that, we returned by a way that the natives call “salt water river”, where the water is very calm. In this river there is a “stop of oysters”, so for those who like oysters it is the perfect place, the oysters are very fresh because they are taken out of the water at the time.

Another thing that we did was climbing a stairway on the mountain which indicated the theater. At the top of the stairs there were two arrows, right to the theater, left to the beaches. First we went to the theater that looked like an old arena theater. After that, we went to the other side, to the beaches. Remember that we were practically on top of the mountain. We walked through the trees until another staircase to the beach, but at this moment, on the top of the mountain, I had the most beautiful view, the nature, the beaches, the sun…

With so many beautiful things, I couldn´t have missed my home, I missed only my family.
In this trip I learned to appreciate the simple things in life.

No comments: