Sunday, July 4, 2010

Henrique - A narrative

Beyond the space - time

The year was 1931 and I lived in Fernando de Noronha. I had a small house and a simple life, fishing and sailing. I liked to fish some miles from the island in a place that the kind of fish was the best that I knew. So one day I went to that place and I found an island that I had never seen, so I landed there.
It was a small island, without plants and trees, only dark rocks and a white building. The building had a big golden door and I pushed it open easily. After this, I saw the most wonderful thing in my life.
Inside the building there was only a circular room with a big black box in the middle. This room was very bright because, at the top, there was a sphere emitting something like Northern lights. The wall was full of strange hieroglyphs, so I tried to read them. Most of them showed strange disks flying and people with a non-human appearance. Others showed stars and something like a planet. Along those there were some with buildings and something like a big city. At last there was one showing people touching a box. So I turned around and I saw the black box. Slowly I walked to it and when I was close I put my hands on its surface.
The surface of the box started to oscillate, like when we throw a stone in the water, and then the box got full of stars. After this, some images appeared in my mind. I could see a space ship with aliens inside landing on the Earth and starting a new civilization. But something happened and it disappeared in the sea.
I could understand everything. That space ship hadn’t come from a planet, but it came from a Space between the Spaces. The aliens traveled many Spaces to find a planet where they could start a new civilization called it Atlantis, which in their language was something like “new world“. All the information and their knowledge, this civilization saved in the black box that was a computer. But they discovered that this planet was very unstable, because there were many volcanoes and earthquakes happening here. In fact, a big earthquake destroyed Atlantis, but some of the citizens survived and colonized other parts of the Earth. The box showed that 12500 year after the destruction of Atlantis there would be some earthquakes in all the world, that would damage the surface of the Earth and then a big one would ultimately destroy the planet. It would happen, as the computer appointed, in 81 years in the future. In our calendar, this means in the year of 2012.
After this, I came back to reality and the floor started to shake a lot. So I ran to my boat and went to the sea. The Island went underwater very fast. I was very confused but I wasn’t worried because until 2012 there would be much time to live.

No comments: