Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Monica - U1 - Travel log

The Trip of my dreams!

In September, 1997, I went to Europe with my parents. It was the trip of my dreams - although I still have a lot of places to visit! We went to France, Germany, Italy, England... We spent about a week in each country.
In Paris, we could walk for hours because the city is very plain; in Rome, we saw the ruins - Rome is a museum in open air - we also saw the Pope; each place has its charm, it is hard to talk about something special because all the trip was wonderful...
The food, the people, different behaviours, the language, the way we tried to communicate with the others on the streets, bars, restaurants, buses, subways...
In England and Paris there were flowers everywhere because of the death of Princess Diana! Everybody was only talking about this! It was a great loss for the English people!
In Germany, going to a city near Stuttgart, where my brother was playing tennis in a championship, we had to stop to ask for direction and we met a taxi driver who spoke Portuguese with us! He spent some time in São Paulo 2 years before, can you believe that?
Something amazing also happened when we went to Italy. In Assis, 2 days after leaving the small and cosy city, there was an earthquake that destroyed some buildings and the famous church!
I spent my birthday in Nice - South of France - and the manager of the hotel we were in surprised me with a big and tasty cake with candles and everything that goes in a birthday cake! "Nice" thing to remember!
When people ask me what I liked most I say: I liked to have been there! It was marvelous!

No comments: