Monday, May 17, 2010

Letter - Simone - U1

Asking for an opinion
I’m writing to a friend who is spending some time in London. I’m asking her some suggestions to an unexpected visit of an English-speaking person

May 10th, 2010

Hi Juliana,
How are things in London?
I hope you are doing a good job right there!!
Here, it’s fine but I wish you could be with us next month.
I’m writing ’cause I have some news to tell you and I think you can really make me a suggestion …
Do you remember Thomas Grisham from Canada? I’m sure you remember him. He’s that one who talked to us for a long time during the last World Congress of Pharmacology in San Francisco.
Grisham is arriving in São Paulo within two weeks and he’ll come to make some presentations in our department and at UNICAMP. Maybe his wife comes together. They’ll stay in Brazil for about ten days. The problem is our boss who asked me to be with them for at least three days. I know that Grisham is an easygoing person but I’m worried about my English and I need to do my best. I hope I can make myself understood with my English skills. When they come to Campinas, we won’t have much time, so I’ve planned to take them to drink draft beer or one “caipirinha” in the traditional Giovannetti bar, a pleasant place. In São Paulo, Karen promised to help me. At first, we thought about taking them to visit the Butantã Institute where they could see loads of studies about poisonous snakes. Right after that, I thought that it could be interesting if they could visit an informal place like…Rosas de Ouro’s Square – I remember you said it is an exciting place!! - or even…our National Soccer Museum…’cause almost all foreigners enjoy samba and soccer!
Do you think it is a good idea? PLEASE answer ASAP!!
Waiting for your suggestions,
ooooo
your friend,
Simone

No comments: