Monday, May 17, 2010

Letter - Fernanda - U1

São Paulo, 10th May
Dear Lily
How are you doing? Here everything is OK. It has been a long time I don’t have any news of you. First of all my sister sends kisses for you. I am writing to tell you the good news. I was invited to go to the USA to stay there for three months, now I have to look for or find a place to stay. I am looking for a host family to stay with. I think it would help me improve my English speaking once I would practice very much. I’ve done a list of possible houses where I can stay. One of them is a single woman’s house. She works all day in a clothing store but she offered to show me the city on her free time. Moreover, she doesn’t smoke and doesn’t have pets, which is great because of my allergy.
There is another one, a couple’s house but they have a baby and in their profile they ask for the person to take care of him on weekends. Certainly, I am not interested in taking care of babies, but I think it is a safer house. They live downtown near a subway station, which is very good. A family house seems more reliable than the single lady’s. Both offer breakfast and individual bedroom, though.
I am very confused and I am afraid of choosing the wrong place. A friend of mine told me that he had stayed with a host family that looked very good, but in fact, most of things offered on the web site were not as they had said.
So, what do you think about this? As I know that you’ve lived at the same place I will go I thought you could make some suggestions, couldn’t you?

Miss you
Fernanda

No comments: