Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cleuza P. - Pros and cons

Being retired


To be retired brings many advantages. First of all, the free time
increases, for example, you can spend much more time practicing sports
or other leisure activities. Also, you find more time to do courses
that are not necessarily about work topics, which can be some hobbies.
Due to the fact that you don’t have schedule obligations, you can spend
more time with your family.
On the other hand, your salary probably will decrease, also your
relationships with friends will decrease too, once most of friendships usually
are at work. You won’t have more working trips and many people can see
you like an unemployed and unoccupied person.
Almost one year ago, after thirty five years working at the same
place, I retired. That changed my routine a lot and I got more free
time. In my case the free time is useful for staying more time with my
daughters and practices a sport that I like. Also, I got a new
hobby, I started studying different languages like English and
Italian. On other hand, what happened is that many people ask me to do
a lot of things, because they think I am unoccupied.

No comments: