Wednesday, October 21, 2009

São Paulo by Caio (U3)

I have been living in São Paulo since I was born, and despite all the problems, I love this city. I was born and grew up in the west part of São Paulo. I used to go to a square near my house with my mother every afternoon, and on Sundays my dad would take me to the Ibirapuera Park.

There was a lot of things to do at Ibirapuera park, like going to the planetarium every start of season, because it was when the show changed, riding a bicycle or playing with my brother.

As I was getting older, I gradually discovered new places in the city, fun places, sometimes creepy places too.

In my teenager days, I moved to a city near São Paulo, but I continued to come to São Paulo almost two or three times a week, because the city was very close to São Paulo. You can’t even distinguish between them. I would come by train on weekdays, or by car on the weekends with my friends. In spite of moving to another town, I continued to hang out in São Paulo, because my first college was near the center of the São Paulo. As I did Computer Sciences, all my friends and me were (and still are) technology enthusiasts and liked rock music, so we would go to “Galeria do Rock” or “Santa Efigênia” after classes, because those places were very close to the college. After I finished the college, I continued to go to São Paulo every day, because I worked there.

And I didn’t even talk about the cuisine or the nightlife! São Paulo is like NY, a city that never sleeps. What a pleasure it was to discover nice restaurants or cool places to go at night. Well, it’s still a pleasure, even though I have been living here for twenty-seven years, I still don’t know every place of the city. My friends and I look at magazines and websites to get a first impression of the places and then we go to see them by ourselves!
I don’t know if I could live in a city without all those things that make São Paulo so cool!

No comments: