Monday, October 19, 2009

A letter to a friend by Luis (P1)

Dear Renata,
How amazing to hear from you. How long since we last met? Over 8 years? Yes, I think so. What a wonderful surprise! By the way, how did you get my email address? Probably it was Thiago, because I ran into him at USP last month.

It’s great to hear your news. I’m happy that you and Marcelo are still together. Since that time I knew you would be together. Don't forget me in your wedding, ok? So, let me tell you something about my life, the things that happened after 2001 (some of them, sure).

Guess what! I’m studying at USP too! However, I went to the Engineering area, not the Law area as you at SanFran. I’ve been taking Petroleum Engineering at Poli since 2007. I'm going to help to pollute the planet but I'll be rich (lol). I’m kidding, of couse.

I spent 2 years in a course preparing myself for the Fuvest test while you came to USP directly from high school. I wasn’t the most intelligent of class but you are, I told you every time but you didn’t believe in me…
Some things have not changed. My parents still live in the same place in São José dos Campos (so me too when I go there some weekends and holidays). I’m still single (this is a little hard to change because no woman has deserved me lol) and I’m still slim (Can you believe it? God damn it! However I’ve been going to gym every day since…last week).

We need to meet, to go to a party or to a bar or to go out at night. We should find people from that time (as Thiago, Nathália, Luciana, Brian, Ferraz and the others – and Marcelo, of course) to do something special. I think that you do not remember that October 14th is my birthday. So let’s do something!
See you,
Luís

No comments: