Saturday, September 12, 2009

Capital Punishment by Sergio (U3)

This is a polemic topic. If you ask me, I don’t have a solid position about it. I suppose Capital Punishment isn’t the biggest problem, the trial is more important than that. If you don’t have a trial without differences between rich and poor people you can’t defend Capital Punishment. In my opinion, it isn’t the solution to the crimes in our society. As far as I’m concerned, if we have the Capital Punishment, who is punished are the poorest people, so, it’s not correct. As I understand it, it will be more a problem than a solution.

However, it could be a good idea if you agree this will be an example to others not to do the same crime. To tell you the truth, if someone killed my mother or my sisters, maybe I would wish this guy had to be killed too. The point I’m trying to make is: it’s very difficult for those who lost a friend or a member of his family. So, it’s really a difficult topic to discuss.

No comments: