Saturday, August 23, 2008

There is not such thing as coincidence - Danielle (I1-T/T)

It’s strange how people become part of your life. Sometimes, a strange face may turn to be your best friend in a few months. At least, that’s what I think about friendships.

It was the very first day of my college life. A friend’s friend mysteriously remembered my face and introduced me to a large group of freshmen. We talked for a while, complained a little, and laughed a lot. During the following days, we tried to keep contact, however as not everyone was taking the same classes, we were reduced to five girls. Three years later, the five of us are still together, but one of them I would like you to meet.

Although we’re the closest ones, she is three years younger than me. She is a short and smiling girl with the biggest heart you’ve ever see n. Even when she’s angry (which is rare) she’s easygoing. She’s is always forgetting things in the classroom however she’s intelligent and selfless. Of course, she has flaws, like when she is repeating the same thing over and over, though this doesn't make her a boring person.

We’re not taking the same course, she is studying French while I’m studying English, and apart from the jokes about the countries (their rivalry and so on ), we’ve trying to take as many classes together as possible. She is always saying that I’m her karma and such, but then she hugs me and says that she is happy with it. Yes, she is a little contradictory, but so am I !
We always get along just fine, no matter what. I hope we’ll still be close to each other in our old age: two crazy grandmas laughing about how unexpectedly we became friends.

1 comment:

marilda said...

Very nice composition. I think we have here good writers like Danielle. Congratulations.