Friday, August 15, 2008

My best friend by Ana Claudia (I1)

I have this great friend who I love to talk to. Her name is Gabriella.

I met her on my first day of high school, four years ago. It was a new school and everyone was lost, looking for their classrooms or maybe friends. I remember I couldn’t read the list that showed which class we belonged to because it was posted on a wall and it was in a high position. Since I’m a very short girl, I was trying really hard to read that. And then, a girl showed up and asked me my name. I told her, she looked at the list and smiled back to me saying: “Oh my!

We’re in the same class! Isn’t that nice?” I smiled back and agreed. The next thing I know, we became great friends. Telling each other jokes all the time, making fun of ourselves and sitting together during the break. She became a great friend over the years.
She was very supportive when my grandmother died. I remember exactly what she told me: “I know you’re very sad about your loss. But, please, remember every time you need someone to talk to or not… maybe just spend some time with, I’m here for you.” That was a hard year, but I felt better knowing I had a true friend.

Besides, she also very sociable. We had a really hard piece of homework to do in pairs. We were in the same team and I invited her to come to my house so we could get started. My mother and brothers were home and she was really nice to them. My mother loved her and my brothers thought she was pretty funny. She liked them as well.
And she’s also very intelligent. This one day, we had a surprise test which no one studied for, of course. She almost aced it. It was very impressive. And she didn’t even brag about it. She told me I’d do better the next time, for sure.

I’ve been friends with her for four years now and I think this friendship will last forever. We get along well and hardly ever argue. If, one day, she gets married, I’m gonna be there for her, because I’m sure if it were the opposite, she’d do the same for me. And, by the way, I helped her pick the name of her first kid! How great is that?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Ana!!!
You talked about your friend perfectly! And you write very well!
Now, I realize that I need study more english and write more... hehe

Hugs
Janaína

Ana Claudia said...

Thanks! I appreciate your comment x)

Adriana Macedo said...

I agree with Janaína!!!!