Saturday, June 5, 2010

Claudio - U1 - Something about home

I live in an apartment with my wife and my little son. Last February, we moved to this place. We are very happy with our new home. The neighborhood is different. There are more trees and the life seems to be better. Here, we can stay away from the noise of the cars. A big city like São Paulo offers many opportunities for a job or a study. However, we are always in a hurry, we are afraid of robbers and we drive everyday in heavy traffic.

The new apartment is bigger than the previous one. The bedrooms are really spacious and comfortable. The living room is decorated with folk pictures; there are small sculptures by modern artists, too. We like that kind of mixture between different kinds of art. In a corner, we have the piano. I bought it two years ago when I started to study music at the University. We have some other musical instruments in a specific music room where, sometimes, we use to play music on the weekends with friends. In that place, we have a library with several books about music, scores and compact discs.

I love my kitchen because I like to cook very much. My grandmother was the one who inspired me to learn to cook. I began cooking meat, rice, potatoes and pasta. She taught me many things about Italian and Spanish food. One of my favorite foods is ravioli! I enjoy inventing a meal for us. Today, we prepare more natural food than before.

In my parents’ house, we used to cook a lot. Usually, we invited many friends for a dinner; after that, we played the guitar and sang popular songs. We are a "musical family" in which everybody likes to make music. My father sings folk songs and my brother plays his own works in the guitar. I compose contemporary classical music and I study some scores writing papers about that.

We decided to move here because we wanted a safe and more natural place for our son. Unfortunately, life in big cities is more and more unsafe and we have to look for private security. I hope it will change and we will have a more peaceful life in the future.

No comments: